Monday, January 2, 2012

A Futuristic World

Luigi Colani is one of the designers I adore. There is no specific information about what kind of designer is he because he actually designs many things. He was born in Berlin and speaks German.

What's unique about his designs is his unusual ideas. His designs aren't like any other regular designers. He designed things more futuristic and efficient.

"The earth is round, all the heavenly bodies are round; they all move on round or elliptical orbits. This same image of circular globe-shaped mini worlds orbiting around each other follows us right down to the microcosmos. We are even aroused by round forms in species propagation related eroticism. Why should I join the straying mass who want to make everything angular? I am going to pursue Galileo Galilei's philosophy: my world is also round." - Luigi Colani

Rotor House is one of his extraordinary designs and is one of my favorites.






No comments:

Post a Comment